Park City is about to undertake many massive efforts, both City Hall initiated and privately developed, that will change our town forever. Some examples include the Arts & Culture District (has a dedicated page), Park City Mountain Base Area, and Deer Valley Snow Park.
We have one shot to get this right. Some considerations as density increases include:
- Water and power are finite resources. As a professional in the utility industry, I have extensive experience quantifying impact, forecasting demand, and developing creative programs to minimize infrastructure impacts. I will work with the appropriate City departments to put plans into action to avoid impacts to our quality of life.
- Wildfire prevention deserves a strong focus in all aspects of development, and implementing programs to incentivize existing properties. The consequences could be dire if we don’t give it proper attention.
- Preserving the charm and natural beauty of Park City, not compromising it for additional density. I support controlling excessive building heights, not obstructing ridgelines, and maintaining our night sky (which can be impacted by building design as much as exterior lighting).
- Managing the number of concurrent projects to maintain our quality of life. For example, we cannot overly burden our infrastructure, jam the streets, or create excessive noise.
- Proactive notification to residents when project work impacts them in any regard. I have implemented many programs to accomplish this, and will bring that experience to drive a solution that makes sense for us.